I have a confession to make. I often wake up with TWO men in my bed: my devastatingly handsome husband, Mr. Seeking Ambition; and my rakishly adorable cat, Linus.
There are certain things Linus does which I find swoon-worthy, but for which I would totally have my husband committed. I know I am not alone here. Astute readers may also remember this post where I discussed the many things my beloved late baby boy Luke got away with… I’m certain he would be very proud that Linus is coming up with a whole new list of ways to keep me enchanted.
TEN THINGS MY CAT LINUS DOES WHICH I FIND ENDEARING, BUT WOULD NOT TOLERATE MY HUSBAND DOING
- Rummage around in the trash looking for used Q-Tips to play with
- Steal straws right out of my drinks and chew on them
- Crawl up under the blankets from the foot of the bed
- Fall asleep with a lone snaggletooth exposed, or perhaps his tongue
- Force his way into the bathroom every time I go in there
- Emit tiny, mewling cries like an abandoned infant behind the front door when I approach from the outside to open it
- Experimentally chew on all cardboard boxes that enter the house
- Walk around meowing incredibly loudly until he finds the room I’m in
- Attempt to climb door jambs
- Have a “witching hour” of around 11:00PM when he runs around like a wild man, usually coinciding with when the lights have been turned off to go to bed
Do your furbabies get away with anything you wouldn’t let your partner do?