Blonde Seeking Ambition
noun. A strong or ardent desire to be , to do , and/or to WRITE something.
Hi there! I’m Caitlin, the titular Blonde Seeking Ambition. Thank you so much for wandering into my digital backyard… I’m very happy you’re here.
I’m a lifelong Masshole (trust me, it’s a term of endearment!) who grew up on Cape Cod and am currently living on the North Shore of Boston – I need to be within sniffing distance of salt air. Somehow, I managed to emerge completely accent-less from my parents, with whose Boston accents you could grate cheese. No matter where I go in the world, though, you can always tell where I’m from because of my frequent use of the modifier “wicked”.
I live with my devastatingly handsome husband, Mr. Seeking Ambition, and our four cats: Leia, Hobo Kitty, Linus, and Lucy. I am the rare species of Married Cat Lady – we’re not often seen in the wild, but we do exist.
So how did I get here? Well… the really abbreviated version is this: I’ve ALWAYS loved writing, ever since I could grasp a crayon. Up until a few years ago, I spent a good 90% of my waking hours working a crazy busy job I loved that had me flying back and forth to the UK all the time, and the vast majority of the things I wrote were in the form of emails and PowerPoint presentations.
And then I found out I had a brain tumor. < insert needle scratch here >
I had neurosurgery, which went slightly awry, and then radiation, and wound up with all sorts of problems such as chronic migraines, secondary adrenal insufficiency, cognitive problems, aphasia, short-term memory issues, chronic fatigue, etc. I could go on, but I forgot the rest, and it’s exhausting. (I didn’t lose my sense of humor!)
Seriously, though – life’s been pretty interesting since this brain tumor thing. I used to worry that my writing was all over the place before… but now, I literally write about All The Things. It’s kind of my deal. And now I have the time to do so! What could be better than that?
Don’t be shy – get in touch! I can be reached at < firstname.lastname@example.org > or via this nifty contact tool here. I’d love to hear from you!
All my best,
I created the hashtag #alwaysseekingambition on Instagram – join me in using it and let’s see where it takes us!
FUN FACTS ABOUT BLONDE SEEKING AMBITION
- I’m not very good at sharing my pens and pencils, because I’m very particular about my writing implements. But I’d give you the shirt off my back and half my sandwich!
- Jeopardy! gives me life. It’s my goal to be a contestant on that show – I actually put that in my senior high school yearbook. I root for the people who take gameplay seriously, yell at dawdlers, fast-forward through boring contestant stories, and pick someone to hate… it’s kind of my religion.
- I am an enormous Trekkie and have met William Shatner, George Takei, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, and Gates McFadden. #geekgoals
- I reread Jurassic Park at least once a year. Childhood Me still kind of longs to be a paleontologist.
- I have a ridiculous amount of socks because, well… life’s too short for boring socks.
- I am a lifelong RPG fan – primarily the Final Fantasy / Suikoden / Elder Scrolls series… but I’m also really kind of into Neko Atsume. Don’t judge me.